L. Ron Hubbard House




Noted loon and cult founder, L. Ron Hubbard House, lived at at 1812 19th Street, NW in the Dupont Circle from 1955 until 1959. While there, Hubbard used the house as corporate headquarters for his Church of Scientology and performed the first Scientology wedding there. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.


The home once belong to former Virginia Governor and Secretary of the Navy Claude Augustus Swanson (The Swanson elementry school in Arlington is named for him)